We want everyone to have a great time at the Lazy Hostel so we have come up with these rules which we ask everyone to follow. Not following these rules could result in your party being asked to leave or a fee. If you have any questions about any of these terms you can email us at or call us at (787) 741-5555
Besides being posted on this website the terms and conditions are posted at the hostel and sent in a confirmation email to the address you provide during booking.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the room descriptions and make sure you have reserved the correct room
Mixed Dormitory Bed: One bed which sleeps one person in an eight bed mixed gender dormitory. Each guest has one 1/2 locker, a privacy curtain, a reading light and a power strip on their bed. The room has a high powered Air conditioning unit which is controlled by guests.
Female Only Dormitory Bed: One bed which sleeps one person in an eight bed female only dormitory. Each guest has one 1/2 locker, a privacy curtain, a reading light and a power strip on their bed. The room has high powered Air conditioning unit which is controlled by guests.
Private Bunk Room: This is a very small private room with one bunk bed which sleeps two people. The room has a high powered air conditioning unit and a chair.
Private Room: A small private room with a full size bed which sleeps two. The room also has a chair and a high powered air conditioning unit.
Private Family Room: These private rooms have a loft with a full size bed and a full size bed on the ground level. These sleep four people, have a high powered air conditioning unit and a chair.
Private En Suite Room: This private room has its own private bathroom, clothing storage, high powered air-conditioning, a fan and sleeps two people in a full bed. It is located towards the back of the property so it is further from the bar and has more privacy.
Updated service animal policy: We now allow service animals in private rooms only. D.O.T. paperwork proving they're legit must be submitted 48 hrs prior to arrival. No more than 2 animals per room. The card on file will be charged $150 if there are "accidents" in the room we need to clean up.
- The Lazy Hostel has a one week cancelation policy, otherwise your full stay is charged. You must forward a confirmation email with request to cancel to Please keep this in mind when booking and make sure that you understand what a hostel is and the type of room you have reserved. If you arrive at the hostel and then decide that travelers accommodations are not your cup of tea we do not mind helping you to find alternative accommodations, but you will be charged for your original reservation. If you have any questions at all about our facilities or location please contact us before booking.
- Booking.com reservations are non refundable once the reservation is made. Guests are charged the full amount of their stay immediately.
- All cancelations must be made through the booking site you used to make your reservation, ie: if you booked through hostelworld.com you need to contact hostelworld.com to cancel your reservations.
-Because we are a youth hostel dorm rooms are available for guests between the ages of 18 and 50. Those under or over these ages are welcome to book private rooms. ID may be required upon check in.
- Children under the age of three are not permitted in the hostel
- Children between the ages of three and eighteen are welcome to stay in any private room with an adult
- Please keep in mind that we are attached to a bar which guests walk through to enter and exit the hostel.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT:
- Check in is anytime between 3pm and midnight but you are welcome to drop off luggage as early as 8am. Guests can use the whole hostel including showers and the kitchen all day on their days of check in and check out.
- We do not provide storage for valuables before check in or after checkout, but there is a communal luggage rack which guests are welcome to use.
- It is important that guests check out by 11am so that our crew can clean the hostel before 3pm check-in. Guests will be charged a $20 late checkout fee if they have not vacated their rooms by noon on the day of checkout. There will be an extra $10 charge if the cleaning staff needs to pack and move your luggage out of the room themselves.
- For those who will be checking out before our office opens at 8am there is a key drop box in the main common area. To guarantee that you are not charged for a lost key your keys MUST be left in this drop box or given to an employee when the office opens. Keys left on beds, in the bar, in lockers or in other spots in the hostel may not be found by staff.
- You have a key to your room. Do not let other people into the hostel. If they have misplaced their key they should come to the front desk for assistance.
- There are personal lockers in each dorm room but please bring your own lock. Be sure you use the locker that corresponds to your key (ie: Bed 1A gets the 1A locker). If you use someone elses locker your lock may be cut off.
- We have a security gate which closes off the parking lot from the street. If you have rented a scooter or bike and would like to park it within the secure area please inquire at check in.
- The Lazy Hostel is not responsible for or liable for any lost or stolen items.
ROOMS & RESERVATIONS:
- All dorm beds are single occupancy and cannot be rented or shared by multiple guests. Couples sharing a dorm bed in a room with six other people tend to make everyone uncomfortable. All private rooms either sleep two or four people and we do not provide cots for additional guests.
- We cannot guarantee that parties will be assigned to the same dormitory room, though we do our best to keep those reserving under a single name together.
- We would be very happy to rent you a second dormitory bed to store your luggage or clothing on (or as a seating area), but if you store personal items on a bed you are not renting you will be charged for that bed at regular nightly prices.
- Our female only dorm, mixed dorms, private bunk room and private family rooms have bunk beds or lofts accessible by ladder. If you have reserved a dorm bed you may be placed in either the top or bottom bunk. If you have mobility issues please call us and we will try to accommodate you
- We try very hard to keep the outside out, but this is the Caribbean and lizards, mice and even the occasional iguana will wander into the hostel. You can help prevent this by not storing food in the rooms, even if it is wrapped in a bag. There are places to store food in the hostel kitchen.
- The Lazy Hostel is attached to Lazy Jack's Bar which serves alcohol until 12:30am on weekdays and until 2:30am on weekends in accordance with commonwealth law. There is music playing until the time of close and, while most guests do not have trouble with the noise level, it can be difficult for people who need to sleep in silence.
- Common area quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am
- We have free ear plugs available in the office
THE COMMUNAL KITCHEN:
- Due to covid-19, we are not able to provide our normal breakfast.
- Coffee is available 9am-11am.
DAMAGES & OTHER CHARGES:
- We keep a copy of your credit card on file during your stay in case of damages (cost varies) or lost keys ($15). If your booking site does not provide us with a credit card number (and they sometimes do not) we will ask for a credit card when you arrive. If you do not have a valid credit card you will not be able to stay with us.
- Please don’t drink so much that you are throwing up in the room. There is a $100 bodily fluid cleaning fee. You could also be charged if we are forced to refund other guests because of your behavior.
- There will be a charge if bedding or other items are damaged or missing upon checkout. Cost will depend on the current local price to replace those items.
- Smoking is permitted outside the building and in Lazy Jacks Bar. Guests who smoke inside the Lazy Hostel guest rooms or common areas are subject to a $200 fine.
The hostel office is open from 8am to midnight every day and a staff member is always available to help with questions or concerns. We want to make your stay is amazing so please let us know if we can help you with anything.
For these policies and other information about the hostel please visit or the informational section of your booking site. You can also reach us directly at or 787-741-5555.
service animal form link.
You will find most of the information you need on this site, but if the answer is not here please contact us!